The network organisation dedicated to the county’s vibrant food and drink industry is looking for a Marketing, Admin and Customer Service Officer. A varied, busy and exciting job with loads to do and loads to learn, we are interested in hearing from individuals with loads to offer who are interested in taking on this vital role as part of our hardworking team.
The job involves working closely with our members and the rest of the team to help deliver our programme of initiatives that provide growth and development services to the food and drink sector of Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. It will also involve providing back office services for our most recent initiative, the Great Cornish Food Store.
This is a full time job based at the store in Truro. As there are distinct parts to the job, applicants who feel able to provide part of the role on a part time basis will be considered.
Marketing/ admin /customer service officer
The job involves:
- Creation and maintenance of our databases and CRM system, ensuring compliance with Data Protection regulations.
- Administration and marketing of the Cornwall Food & Drink membership scheme, including being first point of contact for member enquiries.
- Administration and general upkeep of the Cornwall Food and Drink, Great Cornish Food and Cornish Pasty Association websites.
- Copywriting for our websites, blogs and regular news and marketing features.
- Administration and maintenance of our social media channels, including the Cornwall Food & Drink and Great Cornish Food Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Managing our image library and dealing with image requests. Using image editing tools where necessary.
- Managing mailings and other communications systems, including group messages and the compilation of content for regular e-newsletters to CFD members and Great Cornish Food customers.
- Maintenance and co-ordination of electronic and manual records systems.
- Administration associated with our major projects and events, such as management of bookings, assistance with the Great Cornish Food Festival.
- First port of call for phone and email enquiries.
- Managing incoming and outgoing mail.
- Arranging meetings, venues, etc. and minute taking.
- Maintenance of stocks, general office supplies and office equipment.
- Basic book-keeping and financial administration such as raising invoices, making payments, credit control.
Skills and experience we are looking for:
- Strong digital skills in a range of applications including Word, Excel, Photoshop, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Mail Chimp, or equivalents. EPOS, Access, Sage, CAD or InDesign experience would be an advantage.
- Ideally a qualification of degree level. GCSE English and Maths Grade B or higher are essential.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Adaptable team player ready to muck in with whatever each day brings.
- Car driver with clean licence and access to a vehicle.
- Experience in an office environment as well as experience in a public facing role.
- A marketing, admin or financial qualification or training.
What the successful applicant can expect:
- The opportunity to work amongst a great team and some great businesses.
- The chance to develop a wide range of valuable transferable skills and also to develop a much sought-after specialism.
- The opportunity to input to plans and decisions and manage own workflows and priorities.
- No two days ever the same.
- Staff discount at the Great Cornish Food Store.
- Attractive salary and career progression opportunities.
Anticipated salary range: £17,500 to £20,000, dependent on experience and skills.
Please send CV (no more than 2 sides of A4) and covering email of no more than 250 words to Ruth Huxley, Managing Director email@example.com by 10.30pm on Sunday 11th September.